- Appetizers (23)
- Barbecues & Grills (18)
- Breakfast (11)
- Cakes & Brownies (63)
- Chicken Dishes (24)
- Chinese Recipe (4)
- Desserts (44)
- Dough Dishes (33)
- Drinks & Beverages (2)
- Egg Dishes (9)
- Fish & Seafood (22)
- italian Recipe (5)
- Magazine (17)
- Meat Dishes (40)
- Other Dishes (4)
- Pasta (47)
- Pilafs (10)
- Recipe Videos (36)
- Salads (27)
- Sandwiches (2)
- Sauces (2)
- Simply Recipes (6)
- Soups (32)
- Stuffed (4)
- Vegetable Dishes (21)
- Vegetarian (4)
Raspberry baked brie is great for entertaining or taking to parties. Best of all, it’s unbelievably easy to make, and you can do it with only FOUR ingredients! This Buzzle article explains just how.
It can be difficult to decide what to bring to potluck parties, especially if you’re pressed for time. A lot of people resort to picking up a vegetable tray or a pie at the grocery store. But let’s face it—no one really likes those vegetable trays, and you can be sure that as soon as the party’s over, no one remembers what you brought. If you’re in the mood to do something memorable but don’t have all day to spend on it, here’s a great recipe that will do the trick for you.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Number of Ingredients: 4
What you’ll need …
If you’re already a brie enthusiast, you can choose anything you like. If not, just choose a brie cake that’s 6-8 inches in diameter—a baby brie is best. I’ve also made this recipe with Camembert, so that’s another option. Camembert, however, has a stronger flavor than brie, so you’d better go with brie if you’re serving this dish to a mixed crowd.
The brie will be baked in a sheet of puff pastry. You can get this in the freezer section near the area where frozen pie crusts are stored in most grocery stores. Usually it comes in a box containing two sheets. You’ll only need one for this recipe, so you’ll have one extra.
For the filling, all you really need is half a cup of raspberry preserves. It’s best if you can add some fresh or frozen raspberries as well (about a quarter of a cup), but raspberry preserves alone will also do the trick.
You’ll also need one egg for an egg wash. Beat it in a bowl and it will be ready to be used. (If the egg wash makes you nervous, you can skip it.) How to go about making it …
Assembling the baked brie is simple.
- Get your oven to preheat at a temperature of 350°F.
- Next, unfold the puff pastry on a flat surface.
- Cut the top rind off the brie (this is optional, but many people don’t like to eat the rind).
- Place the brie on the puff pastry sheet (cut side up).
- Smear the brie with the raspberry reserves along with the raspberries, if you are using them at all.
The hardest part is wrapping the brie with the pastry sheet, but it isn’t that big a pain if you know how to do it correctly.
- Bring the top right and bottom left tips of the cookie sheet towards each other and press together to secure completely. Now repeat the same with the top left and the bottom right corners.
- Brush the top of the whole thing with the egg wash (it will give the final product a nice shiny look and act as a sealant for the folded sheet).
- Place this on a cookie sheet and pop it into the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown, and voilà!
Raspberry baked brie should be served warm, so make it just before you leave for the party. It can sit in the oven while you get ready. Take it out once you’re ready to leave, let it cool for a few minutes, and transfer it onto a plate.
And what to serve it with …
There are a couple of different ways to serve it. You can serve it with crackers so that people can use the brie as a spread. Personally, I think this defeats the purpose of the puff pastry. Instead, I like to slice the whole thing up like a pizza. This can get a little gooey, but that’s half the fun. Then people can take slices to eat with a fork.
This recipe always gets a lot of compliments and people who have never tried it usually think it’s a gastronomical revolution. It’s up to you whether to tell them how easy it really is to make!
Recipe terms for this post:raspberry baked brie recipe