Escarole Salad Recipe
Crisp Escarole Salad Recipe:
Summary: This is such a big hit whenever I make it. It’s so simple and takes almost no time to prepare. Crisp peppery watery escarole that’s a bit bitter and cold, dressed with a hint of garlic. Fresh lemon juice will give bright acid that the escarole craves. Coarse sea salt will balance it all out with a quick whisk a touch of extra virgin olive oil. Ummmmm.
- 1 head of fresh escarole cleaned and cut into med-large pieces. Escarole can be very sandy/dirty so clean well and dry. It can be left a little wet.
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic sliced very thin.
- Less than ½ of a fresh squeezed lemon. No pits.
- About 2 pinches of sea salt
- About 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- In a large bowl add the lemon juice, garlic, pinch of salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Whisk for about a minute. It will turn nice and thick. Taste .taste. Taste. Adjust if needed, maybe a touch more salt, maybe a little more olive oil?
- Put escarole on bowl toss, add another pinch of salt toss again and serve.
This dish calls for more salt then you think.
Cooking Times/Difficulty Levels
Cook time: none
Prep time: 2-5 minutes
Difficulty level: very easy
Number of servings (yield): 4